Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My favorite Books

     I enjoy reading.  All types of books.  I've read a ton of books I really liked, but I thought I'd list ones that really changed me:

1. The Shack-This book was absolutely astounding and changed my concept of the trinity and God's relationship with us.  I never recall reading a book multiple times, but this one....wow.

2. Talk to me like I'm someone you love-This book gave a ton of practical things to say in the heat of conflict.  It really surprised me at how simple the things in the book work but how they were the last thing on my mind in the heat of battle.  Very helpful.

3. Loving our kids on purpose-The absolute best book I've read on relationships period.  Applied to my kids and my marriage.  I was amazed at the way my understanding of relationships changed after this.  His other book, Keep your love on, was very similar but for adult relationships and was also fantastic.

4. Season of life-This taught me about the traps that boys and then men fall into thinking what real masculinity is.  It changed my entire perspective on what it meant to be a man.

5. The five love languages-Also an amazing understanding about why you feel like you are showing love and your partner thinks you're crazy!  Loved this book.

I'd love to hear some of your favorite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment